Monday, January 2, 2012

Baby Clothes Quilt


 Here is the pile of clothes I was given to start a quilt. The clothes will become one quilt and the pile of blankets will become another quilt.


 The shirts are fussy cut and waiting for the fusible webbing to be ironed on the back...


 This is how the pants looked before...


Here are the pants after I cut them... Now it's time to get the fusible webbing on the back of everything! This is going to turn out great!!!!


Here's the shirts after I added the heavyweight fusible to the backs and squared the off.

This is what the back looks like after adding the heavyweight fusible. 

Once I sewed the shirts together, I added some sashing. Make sure to iron your seams open for easier quilting. 

Here are the shirts after being sashed. 

I did the same procedure for the night outfits. These I cut to smaller pieces so I can put them as another border. 

Here is the quilt with the night outfits added as a border. There will be one more blue border and then it is off to the Gammill quilting machine!

UPDATE: Here is the finished quilt! It is on the way to it's home in Daytona Beach, Florida!


Here is a close up of part of the quilt.


This is the back. I chose to use a fluffy, soft fabric. Although you can't see the thread colors, you can still see the quilting. Plus, it is super soft!!!



1 comment:

  1. I just heard from the momma who ordered this quilt and she was super excited and happy with it! I can't wait to finished her next one.... I think I'm going to like it even more than this one... :)

    ReplyDelete